St. Louis Park Public Schools believes that family engagement is an integral part of enhancing the healthy development of each learner. When schools, communities and families work together, students have the best chance to be successful and thrive.
Get Involved: PTO
The PTO supports Peter Hobart through fundraising, volunteering, advocacy, and community events. Visit the Peter Hobart PTO Facebook page to learn more.
Stay Informed: E-Newsletters
St. Louis Park Public Schools and the District's six schools regularly send communication to families via e-newsletters. All districtwide and school e-newsletters are posted on the District or school websites shortly after they are sent via email. Use the links below to find the e-newsletter you are looking for:
SLP Communicator (weekly districtwide parent/guardian e-newsletter)
Peter Hobart Communicator (bi-weekly school e-newsletter)
Liaison Resources for Multicultural Families
Our Multicultural Liaisons at St. Louis Parks Schools will work to provide resources and outreach services to families that contribute to school success. They will also advocate for families that are underrepresented to ensure that they understand the learning expectations for student achievement and school policies and procedures. Our Multicultural Liaisons will also:
- Locate and mobilize community resources to support educational programs.
- Collaborate with school staff, principals and other personnel to implement promote student learning.
- Organize and coordinate family engagement events.
- Conduct home visits if needed to establish healthy and positive communication between the parent/guardian and school setting.
- Serve with the community agencies to partner with local business and organizations to provide the best resources to fit family’s needs.
- Partner with parents/guardian during teacher conference to help better understand student progress.
We know that involving parents and families in a child's education results in greater student achievement. To this end, Multicultural Liaisons work with school sites and the larger community, offering meaningful opportunities for English Learner (EL) families to learn about EL services in St. Louis Park, while connecting them to valuable academic resources.
Language-specific presentations engage families in their native language and help bridge the gap between families who may not speak English, and the larger school community. Presentations are available in Spanish and Somali.
Accessing Interpreters and Translators
If staff need to request an interpreter or translator, they need to fill out the following Google form.
Para información en español:
Carmen Rudin, Spanish Liaison
First Floor - District Office
La xariir warbixin dheeraad ah ee Soomaali:
Tarabi Jama, Somali Liaison
First Floor - District Office
Julia McBride-Bibby, African American Liaison
Aquila and Peter Hobart Elementary Schools Second Floor - District Office